Valentine's day is a special time. It's an opportunity to spoil your sweetheart, buy them roses and chocolate, take them out to dinner and celebrate how much you love them. That is, of course, unless the dinner turn into a public fight over how disappointed you are in each other. Love is complicated, and it can bring out the ugly in us. Lucky for us that ugliness can translate into some truly great music. This episode, we won't be playing a soundtrack for your romantic evening; instead, we're paying homage to the darker and more depressing side of love. You may still want to purchase chocolates for this one, just plan to eat them all yourself.
1. "No Children" -- The Mountain Goats, Tallahassee
2. "Valentine" -- Fiona Apple, The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do
3. "Wildest Moments" -- Jessie Ware, Devotion
4. "What Sarah Said" -- Death Cab for Cutie, Plans
5. "Confessions, Pt. II" -- U