BVA President Sean Wensley talks to The Today Programme on BBC radio 4 about injuries to dogs caused by playing with sticks.
Throwing sticks for your dogs can lead to horrendous and distressing injuries, from causing cuts to their mouths and tongues to getting the stick lodged in their throat.
Playing with your dog is beneficial and fun for both you and your pet, however BVA recommends throwing safe alternatives such as rubber sticks from pet shops, balls or Frisbees instead to prevent easily avoidable injuries.
Links about this story:
BBC Radio 4 Today Programme 20.01.16