Playing tracks by
Mutabaruka, Steel Pulse, Daweh Congo, Ras Cos Tafari, Chronixx feat. Queen Mother Mariamne Samad and more.
The Most Eminent Prophet and King–His Excellency Marcus Mosiah Garvey built a magnanimous movement, unequalled in our liberation history, built of the principles of Race First:, Self-Reliance, Nationhood and Afrikan Spiritual Orthodoxy but we have yet to fulfil his mission. One factor might be the sustained effort to misrepresent his legacy through films like Look For Me in The Whirlwind. In addition, the increasing numbers of interracial relationships suggests we are also moving from the principle of ‘Race First’.
1) Where can we go to get accurate information about the Garvey Movement?
2) What is the greatest hinderance to us fulfilling Papa Garvey’s mission?
3) Is ‘Race first’ still a viable concept?
4) Why do Black women engage in fewer interracial relationships?
5) Are we moving closer to, or further away from Garvey’s principles?