Playing tracks by
Judy Mowatt, Amon Rashidi feat. E-Jay & Emotion Brown and Gregory Porter.
The recent UK Confidential Enquiry reveals that Afrikan women suffer maternal deaths at a rate 5 times more than white women. There is a debate whether it is down to the cumulative effect of racism,or genetic factors.
Although community initiatives like independent midwives and doulas have proven effective there are those who see the issue as part of a global population control strategy
1) How should the government respond to the UK Confidential Enquiry findings?
2) Is the cumulative effect of living in racist societies a key factor maternal mortality?
3) Or are genetic factors the cause?
4) Do we need a national strategy to develop community midwives and doulas?
5) Is the Black maternal death rate part of a population control agenda?
6) Do we take it as seriously as knife crime or is that a false dichotomy?