Join our team
To Re-think Radio. We're passionate about building a better
listening experience, and bringing great radio to everyone.
We have a flat structure and aspire to remain that way. In order to do that, we only hire and develop independent thinkers.
Trust, loyalty & purpose
Friendship, trust and loyalty are important values of our team - we are less of a company, and more of a family united in our drive to make radio better.
Whether autonomous or guided, we want our team to continue developing and never feel comfortable or complacent.
Anyone can upload to the service - from self expressing amateurs to superstar DJs, we do not differentiate. Likewise as a dynamic, technology focused team, we focus on meritocracy.
Social & sharing
Social is baked into Mixcloud: from the design on the site, to deep social integrations with other social networks. Plus everyone working full time on the team owns equity options in the company.
From team members’ personal passions and interests, to the individual tastes of our community. Every interest is welcomed and celebrated.
Fast Moving web developer
Full time, London / Cambridge
This is a fast moving, end to end development role. It will involve learning on the go - you don't have to know it all, but must be quick to pick things up. There is significant responsibility, working on important new client facing features. The role also involves DevOps, as the Mixcloud dev team look after the full stack, including servers.
- Dynamic/Scripting language experience (we use Python)
- HTML and CSS knowledge
- Bonus points for experience with Django / jQuery / Linux / Facebook integrations, and/or open-source software contributor
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org including a link to your Mixcloud and Linkedin profiles (we do not accept CVs as attachments)
- Links to your Github profile, and websites or apps that you have built
- No closing date, this is an ongoing search
Brand Partnerships - New Business
Full Time / New York
Mixcloud has attracted content from world leading DJs, festivals and radio stations - from Carl Cox, Moby and Above & Beyond to the Guardian, XFM and Channel 4. The company has also worked with some of the world's largest brands and advertisers, including Nike, BlackBerry, Diesel, Red Bull, Smirnoff and Reebok. We are looking for a Brand Partnerships expert to help grow this area of the business.
The focus of this role is to develop new business for Mixcloud from leading brands and agencies, there will also be some day to day account management of key accounts (managing contact databases, target lists, ad trafficking in DFP, and the sales funnel). The role may also require some more general business development, since we are a small team and we require flexibility and a willingness to pitch in with everything.
- Knowledgeable about trends and dynamics in social media, online advertising, content marketing and music, and a strong ability to communicate this to clients and prospective clients.
- A thorough understanding of the Mixcloud concept and it's benefit to brands.
- More than 3 years experience working in a very relevant role within the media, sales or marketing industry.
- A great networker and relationship builder, with an already strong and relevant list of contacts to bring to the role.
- Very well organised, motivated, independent and a quick learner.
- Persuasive and persistent, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Email email@example.com including a link to your Mixcloud and Linkedin profiles (we do not accept CVs as attachments) including answers to the following questions: 1. How strong and relevant is your network to Mixcloud and how you will leverage this to generate business for Mixcloud as quickly as possible. 2. What experience do you have of pitching and generating new business? 3. How effective are you at client management and communication? Please outline a positive example to demonstrate.
- No closing date, this is an ongoing search
Community & Business Development Volunteer Intern
London, New York
This is a minimum 3 month volunteer position involving helping manage our community of DJs, brand partners, radio producers and listeners. The role consists of identifying areas of expansion such as festivals, record labels, online editorials, community radio, and promoting user/content acquisition within these markets. In addition there will be experience in working with brands and managing competitions on the Mixcloud platform.
- Passionate about radio and new platforms
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Very well organised, motivated, independent and a quick learner
- A good understanding of what makes great radio content
- Persuasive and persistent
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org including a link to your Mixcloud and Linkedin profiles (we do not accept CVs as attachments) including a cover letter detailing why you would like to work for Mixcloud and what you would like to gain from the experience
- Links to your Mixcloud profile, and LinkedIn profile (we do not accept CVs as attachments)
- No closing date, this is an ongoing search. Note this is a Volunteer role.
- Mixcloud is a technology platform, we do not have any positions for radio or music production.
- We receive many applications, so may not be able to respond to all requests.