CLOSED: This competition is closed
Win the set in the Bedrock arena at South West Four
On Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th August, South West Four returns to Clapham Common to showcase an array of prime international artists. On day one of the festival, John Digweed hosts the Bedrock arena, in association with Mixcloud. In a massive opportunity for all budding DJs, our South West Four 2012 DJ competition will result in the winner playing the Bedrock arena. This is your chance to play at one of the UK’s leading electronic music events.
How to Enter:
The promoters are looking for a DJ keeping with the vibe of Bedrock. Specifically we are looking for DJs who can submit mixes of deep, electronic music.
- Deadline: Wednesday 8th August
- Competition open to UK residents only.
- Upload a mix of no more than 30 minutes on Mixcloud
- Title the mix South West Four DJ Competition
- Tag it with SW4 2012 DJ Competition. If you fail to tag it correctly, your entry may be missed
- Include the SW4 artwork provided here
- Add your tracklist
Line-up of the event
John Digweed will headline the Bedrock arena alongside the best names in underground house and techno. This includes Joris Voorn, Âme, Guy Gerber, Robert Babicz [Live], Laura Jones and jozif. Other artists playing on the day include Chase & Status [Live]. Carl Cox, Erick Morillo, Paul van Dyk, Knife Party, Roger Sanchez and Markus Schulz plus many more. http://www.southwestfour.com
- Entrants will be judged on factors including (but not limited to) number of plays, favourites, positive feedback, tune selection, originality and technical ability.
- DJs must gain over 100 plays to be considered for the shortlist. The promoters are looking for DJs who show commitment and are able to use the tools available on Mixcloud and across the web to promote themselves effectively.
- The final decision will be made by Bedrock’s John Digweed.
- The competition will run from now until Wednesday 8th August 2012. The winner will be announced shortly afterwards. Remember to submit your mix as early as possible to give yourself enough time to promote it and generate plays and favourites.
- Entrants must be based in the UK.
Terms & Conditions
We will not tolerate spammy behavior on the Mixcloud platform. Do NOT post dozens of comments asking people to listen to your entry if you've never bothered to engage with them or their Cloudcasts. Do NOT favorite dozens of other entries that you haven't bothered listening to, just to get their attention. If we spot this behavior you will not win this competition.
No purchase is necessary to enter this competition. Prize is non-transferrable and there is no cash alternative. The final decision lies with South West Four. South West Four reserves the right to withdraw from this competition at any time.
See Mixcloud's full Competition Terms & Conditions for further details.