CLOSED: This competition is closed
1. Record a new mix.
Mixes should be 1 hour long and recorded using CDJs or Vinyl decks. We are happy for entrants to use Serato and Traktor, as well as midi controllers; however mixes recorded on Ableton or such will not be accepted. This is a Drum n Bass night, so mixes should fit that genre.
2. Guideline for the mix:
Please note that we are looking for a DJ that understands the skill of a warm up set, setting the tone for the headliners, and not someone that’s going to play party bangers from the offset, as the winner will be the first DJ on.
How to Enter:
- Deadline: Saturday 31st of August 2013 (23:59:59 GMT)
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Competition open to UK residents.
- Submit your mix which should be no more than an hour long. Drum and Bass only.
- Title the mix as “RAM Brixton Mix Competition – (insert DJ name here)”
- Tag the mix as “RAM Brixton”
- Include the competition cover-art, provided here.
- Download the cover photo provided below and set it as your Facebook timeline photo. Click “Edit description” and insert the link to your mix. Leave this as your cover photo until the competition winner is announced. Find the cover photo here.
- Email info@Londonwarehouseevents.co.uk with a link to your mix and Facebook profile. Saying “I’ve entered the RAM records competition.”
- Entrants will be judged on factors including (but not limited to) number of plays, favorites, positive feedback, track selection, originality and technical ability.
- Mixes must get at least 100 plays for the shortlist and we are looking for DJs who show commitment.
- Due to the number of entrants that these competitions get, we will not be able to listen to all of your mixes. However we will listen to all mixes with over 50 plays so share with your friends, on your facebook or wherever you can!)
- Ideally entrants will be promoting the mix across Mixcloud and on social media to their friends and associates. Using the cover photo is a quick and easy way to let your mates know you have entered.
- The winner will be carefully picked out by RAM Records… Good Luck!
Have a question about this competition? Go to our support page.
Terms & Conditions
We will not tolerate spammy behavior on the Mixcloud platform. Do NOT post dozens of comments asking people to listen to your entry if you've never bothered to engage with them or their Cloudcasts. Do NOT favorite dozens of other entries that you haven't bothered listening to, just to get their attention. If we spot this behavior you will not win this competition.
No purchase is necessary to enter this competition. Prize is non-transferrable and there is no cash alternative. Competition open to UK residents only; all DJs and producers welcome, but you must be able to get to the gig on the 1st November, and accommodate youself.. The final decision lies with RAM. RAM reserves the right to withdraw from this competition at any time.
See Mixcloud's full Competition Terms & Conditions for further details.