Win a DJ Set at Outlook Festival Croatia 2011 - all expenses paid!
CLOSED: This competition is closed
Outlook Festival have teamed up with Mixcloud to offer aspiring DJs the opportunity to win an all expenses paid trip and set at this year's Outlook Festival in Croatia - Europe's Biggest Bass Music and Soundsystem Culture Festival!
PLAY at Outlook Festival alongside the worlds greatest DJs and live acts from Bass Music and Soundsystem culture. This years line-up includes:
BARRINGTON LEVY, BENGA, SKREAM, PHAROAHE MONCH, DIGITAL MYSTIKZ, DAVID RODIGAN, KODE 9 & SPACE APE LIVE, TWINKLE BROTHERS, CONGO NATTY & TENOR FLY, FOREIGN BEGGARS, THE BUG & FLOWDAN, HUDSON MOHAWKE, BENJI B, PLASTICIAN, HATCHA, IRATION STEPPAS LIVE, GENTLEMAN'S DUB CLUB, LOEFAH, N-TYPE, SCUBA, SHACKLETON, RAMADANMAN, MARTYN, MUNGOS HIFI, MJ COLE, ROSKA, SPECTRASOUL, ALIX PEREZ, COMMIX, JEHST, RUSTIE, UNTOLD, SPACE DIMENSION CONTROLLER, MISTAJAM, NEWHAM GENERALS, P MONEY, BENNY PAGE... and maybe YOU.
Five entrants will be shortlisted to become finalists - these mixes will then go into a second stage where special guest judges from the industry will listen to the finalist's mixes and along with their feedback on Mixcloud, a winner will be chosen.
An all expenses paid trip and set at this year's Outlook Festival in Croatia. Blaow!
Plus, courtesy of Novation, this fantastic bundle of prizes:
- Novation Dicer - Cue-point and looping controller for digital DJs. Dicer fixes to your turntables and CDJs giving you cue-point and looping where you need it. It works with all major DJ software including Serato Scratch Live, Traktor Scratch and Traktor PRO.
- Novation Launchpad - The Ableton Live controller which comes with its own edition of Ableton. Launchpad gives you hands-on control of this incredible performance and production software.
- Novation *Secret Prize* - A new Digital DJ tool from Novation, to be launched April 2011, see the preview video below...
- Upload a 30 minute mix to Mixcloud of the kind of music you would play at Outlook Festival
- Name the mix 'Outlook Festival Competition Entry’ and tag it 'Outlook Competition'. If you fail to tag it correctly, your mix may be missed
- Use the Outlook Festival DJ competition artwork as your cover art - download it here
- Your entry needs to include a full track list to be considered.
- Entrants will be judged on factors including (but not limited to) number of plays, favourites, positive feedback, tune selection, originality and technical ability
- DJs must gain over 200 plays to be considered for the shortlist. Outlook are looking for DJs who show commitment and are able to use the tools available on Mixcloud and across the web to promote themselves effectively
- The final decision will be made by Outlook Festival and the special guest judges
- The first round of the competition will run from now until Monday 2nd May 2011
- The 2nd round will then run until 16th May 2011 with the winner announced at the beginning of June
- The competition is for one set at Outlook Festival in Croatia during the dates 1 - 4th Sept 2011
- This prize includes: Travel - Return flight form within the UK or a £120 GBP contribution if traveling from outside the UK, camping, transfers and one extra ticket for a friend (the travel + accommodation is for the winning dj only)
- Applicants MUST BE OF 18 YEARS OR OLDER
- Record an Outlook mix (approximately 30 minutes)
- Upload the mix to Mixcloud with correct labelling + tagging (above)
- Hype the mix over the next two months
- If you have received over 200 plays you will be considered for shortlisting - so don't upload your mix the day before the deadline!
- Shortlisted DJs will then be announced and their mixes judged - winners anounced at the start of June
DO NOT POST YOUR MIX LINK OUT THE OUTLOOK FESTIVAL FACEBOOK FAN PAGE
Terms and Conditions
No purchase is necessary to enter this competition. Prize is non-transferrable and there is no cash alternative. The final decision lies with Outlook Festival.
Outlook Festival reserve the right to withdraw from this competition at any time.