CLOSED: This competition is closed
Novation and Serato have teamed up with BLOC festival to offer one DJ the chance to play a set at their 15000 capacity event. The winner will also receive one of Novation’s groundbreaking TWITCH performance controllers (as used by the likes of Lopazz and Rustie).
To celebrate the first birthday of TWITCH, Novation & Serato would like to showcase fresh DJ talent at one London’s biggest events. The winner will play on a weekend bill headlined by Orbital, Snoop Dog, Richie Hawtin and Flying Lotus (Orbital and FlyLo both use Novation gear in their live rigs!) All you have to do is upload your 30-minute DJ mix to Mixcloud and tag it “Novation TWITCH competition”. The winner will be flown into London with overnight accommodation, culminating with a 60-minute set at BLOC festival itself. BLOC is taking place at the new Pleasure Gardens - part of the London Olympic site - on July 6th-7th 2012.
How to Enter:
Novation & Serato encourage musical diversity and any well structured mix with enough beats and breaks to get the crowd jumping would be considered. BLOC festival is a well-established event showcasing a diverse range of electronic dance music, from repetitive beats to electronica to bass music (check out this year’s line-up). Your mix should reflect the tone of an opening set at an event that re-defines the rave for the 21st century!
- Deadline: Thursday 7th June
- Upload a mix of no more than 30 minutes on Mixcloud
- Title the mix Novation TWITCH competition
- Tag your mix Novation TWITCH competition. If you fail to tag it correctly, your mix may be missed
- Include the competition cover-art, provided here
- Add your tracklist and also include it in the description
- Entrants will be judged on factors including (but not limited to) number of plays, favorites, positive feedback, track selection, originality and technical ability.
- Mixes must gain over 100 plays be considered for the shortlist.
- Entrants will be encouraged to show an ability to promote themselves by the tools available through Mixcloud and other social media platforms.
- The BLOC Festival team will assess your mixes.
- The final decision will be made by Novation, Serato, BLOC Festival & Mixcloud.
Terms & Conditions
We will not tolerate any spamming behavior on the Mixcloud platform.
DO NOT post dozens of comments asking people to listen to your entry if you’ve not engaged them on the Cloudcasts. DO NOT favorite dozens of other entries that you haven’t listened to just to get their attention. If we spot this behavior your entry to the competition will be VOID.
Prize is non-transferrable and there is no cash alternative. The contract of the winner(s) will be discussed once the competition has closed.
The final decision lies with Novation, Serato, BLOC Festival and Mixcloud.
Entrants must be 18 years or older.
See Mixcloud's full Competition Terms & Conditions for further details.