Perform at Chris Coco's Melodica Boat Party at Stop Making Sense Festival 2011, Croatia
CLOSED: This competition is closed
As part of the Melodica & Mixcloud Boat Party, Chris has decided to put together a competition to give away an all expenses paid trip and the opening slot on the boat party to a DJ who best represents the Melodica sound and ethos.
A message from Chris Coco:
"It's great to be heading back to Croatia for SMS this summer. And this time I'm taking the Mixcloud crew and a competition winning DJ. We're all spinning on the Melodica / Mixcloud boat party.
"The idea is to find a DJ to play on the boat with me. It's tunes on the ocean waves, rocking the boat. We're talking a sunshine party set, not banging out the big tunes but music that reflects what I play on the Melodica radio show. So it can be house, Balearic, slo-mo disco, dub, electronica... And there should be a few left turns and surprises in there too. The best bet is to listen to a couple of shows to get the vibe and then make something on the fly, from the heart, in one take. Then, hopefully, I'll see you on the boat."
- A trip to Petrcane, Croatia, for Stop Making Sense Festival 2011 (return flight from Europe, local transfer, accommodation for 1 night)
- A DJ set at the Melodica & Mixcloud Boat Party on Thursday 11th August alongside Chris Coco
- Guest tickets to the festival for you and up to three guests
- Title “Melodica & Stop Making Sense Competition Mix”
- Mix must be approximately 30 minutes long
- The mix must represent the sound and ethos of Chris Coco's Melodica. Check it out here
- Include tag "Melodica DJ Competition" as well as genre(s) of mix
- Include the Melodica/SMS cover art - click here to download
- Entrants must have a valid passport at the time of contest launch
- Your entry needs to include a full track list to be considered.
- Entrants will be judged on factors including (but not limited to) number of plays, favourites, positive feedback, tune selection, originality, technical ability and overall positive reflection of the Melodica sound and ethos.
- DJs must gain over 100 plays to be considered for the shortlist.
- The final decision will be made by Chris Coco.
How to enter:
Entrants must upload a 30 minute mix to Mixcloud with the following requirements:
The competition will run from Thursday 3rd March 2011 now until 11.59pm GMT, Friday 22nd April 2011. The winner will be announced shortly afterwards.