CLOSED: This competition is closed
1. Record a new mix.
Mixes should be 1 hour long and recorded using CDJs or Vinyl decks. We are happy for entrants to use Serato and Traktor, as well as midi controllers; however mixes recorded on Ableton or such will not be accepted.
2. Guideline for the mix:
Please note that we are looking for a DJ that understands the skill of a warm up set, setting the tone for the headliners, and not someone that’s going to play party bangers from the offset, as the winner will be the first DJ on.
How to Enter:
- Deadline: Saturday June 8th (23:59:59 GMT)
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Competition open to UK residents.
- Submit your mix which should be no more than an hour long.
- Title the mix as “LWE 3rd Birthday Mix Competition – (insert dj name here)”
- Tag the mix as “LWE 3rd Birthday Mix Competition”
- Include the competition cover-art, provided here
- Entrants will be judged on factors including (but not limited to) number of plays, favorites, positive feedback, track selection, originality and technical ability
- Mixes must get at least 100 plays for the shortlist and we are looking for DJs who show commitment.
- Ideally entrants will be promoting the mix across Mixcloud and on social media to their friends and associates.
- The winner will be carefully picked out by the LWE and Mixcloud… Good Luck!
Have a question about this competition? Go to our support page.
Terms & Conditions
We will not tolerate spammy behavior on the Mixcloud platform. Do NOT post dozens of comments asking people to listen to your entry if you've never bothered to engage with them or their Cloudcasts. Do NOT favorite dozens of other entries that you haven't bothered listening to, just to get their attention. If we spot this behavior you will not win this competition.
No purchase is necessary to enter this competition. Prize is non-transferrable and there is no cash alternative. Competition open internationally: all DJs and producers welcome. The final decision lies with LWE. LWE reserves the right to withdraw from this competition at any time.
See Mixcloud's full Competition Terms & Conditions for further details.