CLOSED: This competition is closed
Electronic dance music is what it is because of the incredible underground talent constantly pushing the movement forward and the proliferation of the festival experience. The 16th annual Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas aims to reflect the powerful creative undercurrent of aspiring DJ/producers, courtesy of the inaugural EDMbiz conference. All of you diehard DJs and producers out there who are constantly on the lookout for a better way to spread your sonic creations, you now have the chance to do so by performing at the world-renowned EDC Las Vegas. Enter the Discovery Project and EDMbiz may choose you among a selection of winners to dominate the brand new Discovery Stage at EDC Las Vegas. So give us something original, give us something great, give us everything you've got... because you could be our next discovery.
How to Enter:
Record a thirty-minute DJ mix that represents your own personal style AND includes at least two of your own original tracks. Upload it to Mixcloud with the tag "EDMbiz presents the Insomniac Discovery Project." Do not forgot to timestamp the mix and include a track listing, so we will know which tracks are your original productions.
- Deadline: Friday 25th May
- Competition open globally: all DJs and producers welcome
- Upload a mix of no more than 30 minutes on Mixcloud
- Title the mix EDMbiz presents the Insomniac Discovery Project
- Tag your mix EDMbiz presents the Insomniac Discovery Project. If you fail to tag it correctly, your mix may be missed
- Include the competition cover-art, provided here
- Add your tracklist
- Entrants will be judged on factors including (but not limited to) number of plays, favorites, positive feedback, track selection, originality and technical ability.
- Mixes must gain over 100 plays be considered for the shortlist. We are looking for DJs who show commitment.
- Entrants will be encouraged to show an ability to promote themselves by the tools available through Mixcloud and other social media platforms.
- The final decision will be made by EDMbiz, Insomniac and Mixcloud.
Info on EDMbiz:
In the midst of extensive growth and heightened interest surrounding electronic dance music, Insomniac has invited an inspiring roster of industry pioneers, peripherally-associated business executives, and aspiring entrants to the inaugural EDMbiz conference. Attendees will gain keen insight towards pressing issues and current debates as the world watches EDM take its place in pop culture history.
Terms & Conditions
We will not tolerate spammy behavior on the Mixcloud platform. Do NOT post dozens of comments asking people to listen to your entry if you've never bothered to engage with them or their Cloudcasts. Do NOT favorite dozens of other entries that you haven't bothered listening to, just to get their attention. If we spot this behavior you will not win this competition.
Prize is non-transferrable and there is no cash alternative. Winners may be required to play at events before or after Electric Daisy Carnival 2012 for promotional purposes. The final decision lies with EDMbiz, Insomniac and Mixcloud. Mixcloud is the promoter of this competition. EDMbiz will not provide travel or accommodation for the winners but will provide $500 to each winner. EDMbiz reserves the right to withdraw this competition at any time. Competition closes 25th May 2012. Entrants must be 18 or over.
See Mixcloud's full Competition Terms & Conditions for further details.