Channel 4 Athletics 2011 Sound Track Playlist Competition
CLOSED: This competition is closed
We’re on the look out for talented Djs, selectors and music supervisors to put together an 8 track playlist representing the sounds for any of the world class athletes listed below.
A panel of industry experts, including Channel 4 commissioning editors, will be selecting 6 winning mixes to feature on Channel 4’s online platforms, with all successful cloudcasters credited.
Channel 4 will work closely with each of the winners and their tracklists to select a single track to use within televised “vignettes” on each athlete, during their coverage.
There are 6 parallel creative briefs, based on the following six world class competing athletes:
Usain Bolt (JAMAICA)
Mo Farah (GB)
Jodie Williams (GB)
Phillips Idowu (GB)
Jeremy Wariner (USA)
David Rudisha (KENYA)
The 6 winning Cloudcasters (one for each athlete) will each:
- Have their winning playlist and links to their Mixcloud profile featured on Channel 4's official Athletics Championships microsite.
- Get the opportunity to work with Channel 4 to select a track (subject to clearances) for inclusion in the soundtrack of the "vignettes" for their respective athletes which will be broadcast on Channel 4 as part of Channel 4's World Athletics Championships 2011 coverage. Production of the "vignettes" will take place over July and August 2011.
- Receive exposure through promotion of the Channel 4 Athletics Championships microsite, via Channel 4's online editorial portals and on Mixcloud's channels (including an announcement in the Mixcloud newsletter) during the World Athletics Championships 2011.
Channel 4 are seeking curators who can select the most appropriate music for each athlete. The brief is not about technical skills or mixing ability.
To enter please follow these instructions (failure to adhere to these instructions may result in your entry not being considered as part of this competition):
- Create an 8 track playlist from the tracks you’ve selected that best reflects your chosen athlete and upload it as a Cloudcast to Mixcloud.
- Each entry must include 8 tracks and can be a maximum of 1 hour in duration
- Within the Cloudcast description, use the space to write a few sentences on why you have chosen some of the tracks you’ve used (maximum 1000 characters in total)
- When you upload, remember to tag your Cloudcast with the Channel 4 Athletics 2011 tag plus the relevant tag for the the athlete you are representing:-
- Use the artwork provided for the athlete you have chosen. Download here:-
- Remember to share your entry with your friends, family and supporters using Facebook, Twitter and the Mixcloud widgets.
Click here for more tips on how to promote your Cloudcast.
Tracks must not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening.
You may submit a playlist for as many athletes as you like. However, each playlist must be uniquely crafted for the athlete you have chosen. (i.e. do not upload a single Cloudcast representing several athletes)
Winners will be notified by email the week commencing 4th July 2011 and will have 7 days to respond to notification before another winner may be selected.
You must be 18 years old or older to enter this competition.
If you are entering this competition from outside the United Kingdom Mixcloud makes no representation that materials on the Site relating to this Competition are appropriate or available for use at other locations and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is strictly prohibited. If you access the Site outside of the United Kingdom, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
The competition judges (acting reasonably) reserve the right not to select a winner, and/or to remove or amend selection criteria and/or the structure and operation of the Competition if entries are not of the requisite standard.
The panel will be judging each entry against the criteria listed below:-
- Track selection - this is key.
- The appropriate musical fit to the profile of the athlete selected.
- The entry should be original and cutting edge.
Entries will be shortlisted by Mixcloud based on the number of times a track has been played, the number of favorites a track receives and the number of positive comments posted against that track.
A total of 30 shortlisted entries (5 per athlete) will be passed to the judges. The judges will then pick 6 winners in total.
Terms and Conditions
Mixcloud Competition Terms and Conditions