CLOSED: This competition is closed
Outlook Festival have teamed up with Mixcloud to offer aspiring DJs the opportunity to win an all expenses paid trip and headline set at this year's Outlook Festival in Croatia – Europe's Biggest Bass Music and Soundsystem Culture Festival!
After two rounds of public opinion-based judging, ten entrants will be shortlisted to become finalists. Special guest judges – Exodus, N-Type and Klose One – will listen to the finalist's mixes alongside feedback from Mixcloud. Three winners will be chosen.
How to Enter:
- Upload a 30 minute mix to Mixcloud of the kind of music you would play at Outlook Festival
- Name the mix 'Outlook Festival 2012 Competition Entry’ and tag it 'Outlook Festival 2012 Competition Entry'. If you fail to tag it correctly, your mix may be missed!
- Use the Outlook Festival DJ competition artwork as your cover art - download it here
- Your entry needs to include a full track list to be considered.
- DO NOT POST YOUR MIX LINK ON THE OUTLOOK FESTIVAL FACEBOOK FAN PAGE
- Entrants will be judged on factors including (but not limited to) number of plays, favourites, positive feedback, tune selection, originality and technical ability.
- [Round 1] DJs must gain over 500 plays to be considered for the long list and to be added to Outlook Competition Playlist.
- [Round 2] DJs must then gain over 100 favourites to be considered for the short list.
- Outlook are looking for DJs who show commitment and are able to use the tools available on Mixcloud, and across the web, to promote themselves effectively.
- The final decision will be made by Outlook Festival and the special guest judges – Exodus, N-Type and Klose One.
- The first round of the competition will run from now until 5pm Friday 6th April 2012. A mix must have over 500 plays to progress past this round – you must submit your mix by this date.
- The 2nd round will then run until 5pm 20th April 2012. A mix must be favourited by at least 100 people to qualify for the shortlist – more favourites means a higher chance of being shortlisted.
- 10 entrants will be shortlisted, after complying with the above requirements, with the winners
announced 23rd April 2012.
- The three chosen winners will all win a set at Outlook Festival in Croatia during the dates 1 - 4th Sept 2011
- The first prize also includes: A return flight to the festival*, airport transfers, camping and one extra
VIP festival ticket for a friend (the travel and accommodation is for the winning DJ only)
*or up to £250 contribution towards travel, whichever is lesser.
- Applicants MUST BE OF 18 YEARS OR OLDER
Terms & Conditions
We will not tolerate spammy behavior on the Mixcloud platform. Do NOT post dozens of comments asking people to listen to your entry if you've never bothered to engage with them or their Cloudcasts. Do NOT favorite dozens of other entries that you haven't bothered listening to, just to get their attention. If we spot this behavior you will not win this competition.
No purchase is necessary to enter this competition. Prize is non-transferrable and there is no cash alternative. The final decision lies with Outlook Festival. Outlook Festival reserves the right to withdraw from this competition at any time.
See Mixcloud's full Competition Terms & Conditions for further details.