CLOSED: This competition is closed
Angie Szani, aka “Type A” wins the USA Campus Radio Contest. Radio WSOU radio presenter Type A was chosen by the IRF as the clear leader of the contest which looked for the best US Campus Radio. Angie does Seton Hall University Radio proud. Upon the invitation of the IRF, Angie will be able to attend the world famous MIDEM music conference in Cannes, France, at the end of next January.
US College Radio DJs! Submit your radio show and you could win a trip to the 2013 Midem Conference in Cannes
Are you a US College Radio DJ ready for international exposure? The IRF Search for the Best US College Music Radio Show, presented by HD Radio™ Technology, in association with Mixcloud & CMJ, invites all US College Radio DJs to submit their best music radio show for a chance to win a trip to the world’s best music conference – Midem – taking place in Cannes, France January 26-29, 2013. You will be flown to France and introduced to top music industry executives, plus have the chance to attend Midem conference sessions and enjoy over 40 live acts!
Visit www.internationalradiofestival.com/campusradio/ for updated information and highlights.
How to Enter:
- Upload your weekly radio show. All styles of music are welcomed!
- Submitting more than one show is encouraged. Judges will look more favorably upon presenters who can showcase consistency and variety by uploading shows regularly during the competition period.
- Competition open to US university radio DJs only. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Title your mix IRF Search for the Best US College Music Radio Show
- Tag it with IRF Search. If you fail to tag it correctly, your entry may be missed.
- Include a paragraph telling us what makes your particular college radio show unique.
- Include the competition cover-art, provided here.
- Add your tracklist.
- Share your shows on Twitter with the hashtag #IRFSearch. Get as many people as possible to listen to and favorite them!
- Upload your show(s) before 1 December 2012.
- Entrants will be judged on factors including (but not limited to) number of plays, favorites, positive feedback, personal style, track selection, originality, and technical ability.
- Submissions will be judged by a panel from the International Radio Festival committee.
Terms & Conditions
We will not tolerate spammy behavior on the Mixcloud platform. Do NOT post dozens of comments asking people to listen to your entry if you've never bothered to engage with them or their Cloudcasts. Do NOT favorite dozens of other entries that you haven't bothered listening to, just to get their attention. If we spot this behavior you will not win this competition.
No purchase is necessary to enter this competition. Prize is non-transferrable and there is no cash alternative. The final decision lies with the International Radio Festival. The International Radio Festival reserves the right to withdraw from this competition at any time.
See Mixcloud's full Competition Terms & Conditions for further details.