CLOSED: This competition is closed
Deep in the English countryside, the original independent dance music festival returns to it's stunning new home at Houghton Hall in Norfolk. A total immersive experience where electronic communities come together for a flat out four day party, and we want you to be a part of it! Amongst the crashing meteors, burning pyramids, 3D sound systems, rabbit holes, sunrise woodland parties and the most eclectic range of electronic musicians, we’re looking for an up and coming DJ to join us. One lucky winner will be selected, where you’ll get a coveted slot at Glade 2012, and two tickets for this summer’s electronic dance music experience. Also your mix will be promoted via all our social media outlets!
Amongst the crashing meteors, burning pyramids, 3D sound systems, rabbit holes, sunrise woodland parties and the most eclectic range of electronic musicians, we’re looking for an up and coming DJ to join us. One lucky winner will be selected, where you’ll get a coveted slot at Glade 2012, and two tickets for this summer’s electronic dance music experience. Also your mix will be promoted via all our social media outlets!
How to Enter:
Glade is an electronic dance music experience, alongside our diverse lineups we curate exceptional art, installations, spectacles and performance, and our audience is an essential makeup of what Glade festival is, their eclectic nature is a huge part of making it special. We have 14 stages that cater to a whole host of genre’s and your mix should reflect this, surprise us and keep us wanting to hear more after 30 minutes….
- Upload a mix of no more than 30 minutes to Mixcloud
- Title the mix Glade Homegrown DJ Competition 2012
- Tag your mix Glade Homegrown DJ Competition 2012. If you fail to tag it correctly, your mix may be missed
- Include the competition cover-art, found here
- Your entry needs to include a full track list to be considered.
- Entrants will be judged on factors including (but not limited to) number of plays, favorites, positive feedback, track selection, originality and technical ability
- Mixes must gain over 100 plays be considered for the shortlist. We are looking for DJs who show commitment.
- Entrants will be encouraged to show an ability to promote themselves by the tools available through Mixcloud and other social media platforms.
- The final decision will be made by Glade Festival and Mixcloud.
- Note this competition is open to DJs from across Europe, with a contribution of £150 towards travel.
Terms & Conditions
We will not tolerate spammy behavior on the Mixcloud platform. Do NOT post dozens of comments asking people to listen to your entry if you've never bothered to engage with them or their Cloudcasts. Do NOT favorite dozens of other entries that you haven't bothered listening to, just to get their attention. If we spot this behavior you will not win this competition.
Prize is non-transferrable and there is no cash alternative. Winner may be required to play at events before or after Glade Festival 2012 for promotional purposes. The final decision lies with Glade Festival and Mixcloud and there will only be one winner. Mixcloud is the promoter of this competition. Mixcloud and Glade Festival will provide travel and food expenses up to a maximum of £150 & will not provide accommodation for the winner around the date of 14th-17th June 2012. Glade Festival reserves the right to withdraw this competition at any time. Competition closes 11th April 2012. Entrants must be 18 or over.
See Mixcloud's full Competition Terms & Conditions for further details.