Barclaycard Mercury Prize
CLOSED: This competition is closed
Mixcloud are pleased to be hosting a very unique Podcaster competition, in co-operation with the Student Radio Association.
Entrants to this exciting new competition format are invited to create an audio Cloudcast centered around the 2011 shortlist and will be judged on their presentation style, selection and content by a panel of industry experts.
The winner will receive a red carpet media run access pass to the Barclaycard Mercury Prize Awards Show 2011.
How to enter:
- Upload a 30 minute audio Podcast to Mixcloud
- Name your podcast Barclaycard Mercury Prize Podcast Competition
- Tag your Podcast Barclaycard Mercury Prize Podcast Competition. If you fail to tag it correctly, your entry may be missed.
- Include the competition cover art - click here to download
- The Podcast will need to include three tracks from Barclaycard Mercury Prize nominated artists
- The presenter will be judged on; their discussion of the nominations, the tracks selected, use of quality fade-ins and fade-outs and the depth of their research.
- The competition will be judged by a panel of industry experts including representatives from the Student Radio Association, Mixcloud and leading PR agency Charmfactory
- The winner will receive a red carpet media run access pass to the Barclaycard Mercury Prize Awards Show 2011
Important note - we will not tolerate spammy behavior on the Mixcloud platform. Do NOT fire out dozens of comments asking people to listen to your entry if you've never bothered to engage with them or their Cloudcasts. Do NOT favorite dozens of other entries that you haven't bothered listening to, just to get their attention. If we spot this behavior you will not be put forward to the final stage.
Terms and Conditions
The winner is not an official Mercury Prize podcaster.
If the entries are not of sufficient quality then the competition organiser reserves the right not to select a winner.
Access to the media run does not guarantee interview access to all nominated artists.
See our full Compeititon Terms & Conditions for further details.